Thursday, June 10, 2010

Building for Life

Ok, what I really like to do..... what I am really good at .....is NOT writing ! But the consultants tell us, we need to have a blog to be current, relevant and 'hip'. Really, 'hip' ? So here is my attempt at relevance.



First, a bit about myself. I have been in the construction industry for over 25 years, beginning with my studies in handcrafted antique reproduction at the North Bennet Street Industrial School of Boston. My first project, under Walter, the 80 year old master craftsman of NBSIS, was a toolbox, all hand-tooled, with dovetail joints, carved finger hods and draw-down front cover. Although covered with dust from storage in the Buttonwood Barn for over 15 years, the box still holds a great deal of meaning and a source of pride for me, as well as holding LOTS more tools than it did back in 1982 ! ( One of my philosophies is "He who dies with the most tools....WINS)


For me, having a vision, and bringing that vision to reality with only my imagination, my hands a few good tools is what makes me happy.

.....Well.....that, and my family.....

You can find more of my favorite projects on my website's photo gallery. (Click Here)

Jenalzoco - Building for Life

- What's in a name?

I have four kids: Jenna, Alex, Zoe and Colton. Take the first syllable of each name and you have Jenalzoco. Fifteen years ago, my wife, Susan and I purchased a hundred-year old farmhouse in which to raise our children. The house ..... and the kids....are a work in progress.


Building for Life - It means I have been building my entire life. And what I build will last a lifetime. It also means that what I build will enhance lives.


Thank you for checking with the musings of a versatile contractor. Please visit my website: http://www.jenalzoco.com/ for more information on my products and services. I look forward to using this blog space as a resource to let you know what we are up to next !


With visions of beautiful spaces, Mitch

1 comment:

  1. Sheryle DeGirolamoJune 11, 2010 at 7:50 PM

    Great job! You are officially hip! Thank you for sharing. Very talented. Loved the Marblehead project.

    ReplyDelete